Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A winter like no other


Just when I started enjoying the nip in the air, the heavens sent us a full blown snowstorm. This is what the city centre in Birmingham looked like today, after yesterday's non-stop action. But Brum looks pretty in white, don't you think?
Today, while talking to a friend, I realised that 'ghar' is a mimetic word. When you say it, there's a vibration that starts at the windpipe and goes inwards and resonates and something hurts a little bit somewhere there. Or maybe it's just me.


3 comments:

dagalti said...

To make light of the the gentle ending of the post, I would just diss the snow for getting one to think thus. Anyone there will tell you home is where the hearth is

Although, with that attempted pun, I realize that I have definitionally rendered myself sweltering homeless.

ofternoons-n-coffeespoons said...

:) love your post. and the weekend you gave me :) and thanks for the generous 'must read' :) i say, im flattered and spoilt.

Padma said...

dagalti: My gripe with the snow was that it could potentially prevent my flight headed for ghar from taking off. But since that didn't happen, I've made my peace with it. And the pun is much appreciated :)

ofternoons: you're very welcome love. thank you for the endless cups of tea!